Thursday 8 March 2018

Re:Celebrating Women. #IWD2018

WATCH THIS!!!

I am still not sure if 'women' have to be celebrated. I don't know if I am a feminist, or a non-feminist, or a neutral one if there's such thing.

I used to agree to equality and respect for male and female because humans are not to be divided by their sex, biological differences, and gender. I think what makes a human human is how much they mean to themselves, their society, their future. As simple as that. But that simple thing gets more complicated when I break down the phrase 'how much they mean'. What does that even mean?

Let's discuss the popular one, #metoo and #timesUp issues, which are honestly a tip of the iceberg of women's problem. Only because the 'victims' are within Hollywood parameter, they become an explosion in the world. In the past, I have read and heard so much worse problems women had to face; discrimination, pressure, harassment, human-rights violation, planned marriage, political marriage, affairs, abortion, sexual exploitation, and other horrible things women had to deal with in the past. I mean until today.

I also want to point out the excessed heroic-stating of Kartini in Indonesia. She was an icon, or said to be so. While in fact, there are other figures, female figures who previously far before her, play even bigger and more important role than her. Not only about equality of the genital status quo, but actually about a nation, a tribe they belong in, a belief they held, and other human rights which were so much harder than not being let to receive education in free nature. Try Googling Ruhana Kudus, try Googling Cut Nyak Dien, or Christina Marta Tihahu. People these days often forgot these names because the name Kartini has been over-exposed for the past decades. Again, I believe it was Dutch conspiracy and doctrine. The Europeans are good in this. But anyway, go back to women, yes, not only education, women had many other problems in the past, which I believe until today they still exist.

Female-only section in public transport. How about this one?
I honestly take advantage of its presence. Not being naive of course, I want a more convenient space. But they bigger question is, with this kind of seclusion, are women being protected or being exposed of their weakness and vulnerability?

The term PELAKOR or the woman who steals someone's man. Is this merely for women who have bad attitude and intention? Or they forgot (and forging) the fact than men also play their role in a thing called affair and cheating on relationship? Why is female becoming the bad one in any affairs attacking any couples? Why isn't there another evaluation of men's tendency to be greedy and so playful they can play on the weak women?

International Women's Day. This year was quite okay for me as generally the world seeks justice for women in workplace and other stuff. In my country, we are still busy defining what feminism is and we are still busy if LGBT is a disease. Shame. There are so much more important things worth discussing girls.

I think we should begin with ourselves. Women everywhere are screaming their rights wearing bikinis but don't want to be called slut. They ask for justice while all they do is demand everything to be easier for them. Women themselves are so contradictive, like they actually don't know (yet) what they want. I started to look at myself and see what I can fix from within before screaming my right (that's being violated) outside. I think all women should do the same: look within you, what you did, what you will do, and how would you be responsible of your choice. You cannot always hide behind 'my clothes doesn't define what I am' or such thing that sounds like you can do anything you want with your body and men cannot do anything about it. NO. PLEASE STOP. Please be responsible. Please be consistent between what you believe, what you say and what you do.

I always believe (and proven) that humans are the result of what they have done. There is always consequences for every action you take. Even for the risk you may face when you choose not to do something. It all goes back to you, and we all always have choices.

Lastly, I would like to thank government & corporates that provide sufficient maternity leave, room for breastmilk pumping for mothers, and of course allowance for employees who have more than just one role in their life; an employee and a mother.

I hope women get better in many ways, in many places if not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment