Saturday 12 April 2014

Loving you is like

putting so much, so much, faith in Arsenal.
Almost nine years without trophy, players come and go, good and bad times. One single manager, old, classy and determined.

As a fan, I can tell you once feel sad, embarrassed, down, excited, flat, hopeless, on fire. Name it, every emotion. Arsenal have the potential, great players, accountable strategy, reliable players, and unquestionable spirit. Well I'm weak about how they have developed and I'm blind about their internal issues and strategy. But for all I know, it's the spirit of the gooners who keep the faith on Arsene Wenger.

Their loyalty and trust towards the club is what amazes me. I believe all clubs have these sort of fans, but by far I know you, there is no other fan as loyal as you are to your Arsenal; through the bad times and good times.

I know every club has their own weaknesses and haters and lovers, but as far as I can learn, you show the most dedication and determination to your team. I admire your consistency. I respect your effort to always watch and support them. I quitted expecting myself to be loved by you like that, many months ago.

However, by this, I would like to say that loving you is more or less, probably exactly, like putting so much trust in Arsenal. So much. The ups and downs of every game, the come and go of fantastic players, the high and low of offense and defense lines, the great and shameful spirit each match. The disappointments, the low expectations. The in-enthusiasm. The comebacks. The surprise. Whatever. All those emotions you showed me and you make me feel. Afterall,  I would like to learn to love you like you love Arsenal.





***this note was written on the match day of Arsenal versus Wigan in FA Cup Semifinal, Wembley 2014. Earlier that day, my boyfriend brought me a vitamin C and worried if I was awake too late while my body was still recovering from flu and fever.***