Thursday 27 June 2013

Every evening. Every you. (part five)

1 May 2013.
It's Brian and Sally's wedding reception.
Lila's Brian's friend and Sally's Tom's friend.

Tom just could not believe of what he saw; Lila on the bridesmaid dress.
"You look so so different, pretty and.. stunning" Lila bowed and smiled, "Thank you, Tom!"
"I thought I was never gonna see you again after the meeting with you and Lex that time"
"It's been ages, hasn't it? hahaha.." Lila felt so casual and no longer nervous like on their previous meetings.
"I'm so sorry you and Sam broke up, Lila. Brian told me" Sally suddenly came up from nowhere to behind Tom, across Lila.
"That's okay, we finally didn't work it out, anyway. But thanks" Lila then began to act clumsy and blushing at the same time. Tom was confused but then they got into another talk and chit chat until Brian came and "here they are! and here she is my beautiful bride! Now if you excuse us, singles?" Brian didn't wait for any response to take Sally out of the conversation and they just waved their wine glasses to each other.

It was just Tom and Lila then.
"Hmm, so you've broken up with the busy-with-business-trip-boyfriend"
"Yeah, kind of. Last week." Lila said it briefly. She started to hit a shot now.
"So, are you up for an evening coffee with me now?"
"Now? I can't, the reception won't end until late tonight, no time for coffee now"
"Hahaha.. Okay. Shall we dance now?" Tom never seemed to get tired of trying
"No, sorry, twisted ankle" Lila lift up her long dress until her right knee and Tom was shocked seeing a thick bandage on Lila's ankle
"Oh God, what happened?"
"You know, the earth isn't nice any to me lately" Lila smiled and finished her scotch. Lean back on the bar stool in the garden
"This is our fifth meeting," Tom signed the bartender to pour him a pint, "why aren't you giving me any chance to know you, at all?" Lila rolled her eyes sarcastically to Tom listening to that, "I mean, come on, you've met Debra my neighbor, you've met my father, you've been consulting with my mom. You barely know me. Isn't that a mystery to you?"
"You know what, Tom?" Lila paused to make sure Tom listened to what she said instead of staring in love at her face. "Some mysteries aren't meant to be figured out at all. And I think you are one of them. I don't mean to solve you, Mr Mysterious. So, no thanks." Lila laughed. She had too much drink that evening. She left Tom alone on the stool and Lila just disappeared into a dressing room inside the hall.


-finished-