Tuesday 14 September 2021

From A Father to His Daughter

Baby,

How do I tell the world that you are my diamond?
I don't want you to be taken but I know you're not mine forever.
How do I show them that I love you so much?
I don't want to let you down but I know you deserve the world.
How do I tell them that you're my weak spot? Will that make me weak too? I want to keep you in my arms so I can always protect you.

But I know eventually you're gonna be with someone else. You're gonna need someone who can give you what I can't give you.
I know there's always someone else who can make you happy.
I know there's always someone who can give you what you need and what you want, but not me.

Baby girl,
I want you to know that I never want to see you sad or make you cry, but you deserve all emotions and experience. You need life.
In life, you can't always feel happiness no matter how hard I'm trying to give you one.
In life, you'll fall and rise again, you'll get hurt no matter how much I love you.
In life, you need to be set free no matter how often I ground and keep you. 
You deserve a life, not always the beautiful and perfect one. You deserve a colourful one.

Please know whenever you're feeling blue or grey, I'll be here for you. And when I'm gone, you have my heart forever since day one I have you.

Baby girl, this life is not always about rainbow. There will be some storms too no matter how much I love you. You'll survive, you'll manage, you'll be strong through it, and you'll be the better version of you who I love so much. Unconditionally.

You may never hear me say it face to face, but I know you can feel it. Because love is sometimes unspoken, but it's always felt. I love you, for whatever God makes it to.


Your father.

No comments:

Post a Comment