Monday 6 September 2021

We are getting Us.

15 years ago, I disbelieved the constitution called 'marriage'. To me, it's nothing but a complete insanity to share you life with a stranger until the day you die. I thought it was stupid to be with someone new and let go more than a half of you to be something else you're probably not. It was a complete non sense to me to be married and be trapped inside it.

Let's say it's part of my trauma with my parents. It took me another decade from that day to understand why I felt what I felt. Then I realised, everything is made for a reason. Nothing is coincident and nothing is not meant to be when it is.

5 years ago, I was finally trapped in my marriage, an unhealthy one. Needless to say how harmful the relationship was for me & my partner back then. We decided to split, hard-heartedly of course but we managed. It was official after 4 years being married.

Today, I'm typing this with a full consciousness that I'll be 'trapping' myself again in another marriage. Somehow, this time I am not who I was. I am no longer the old me that sank in the negativity of marriage. I have two kids whose future I'm partly responsible for, I have wider perspective than just being selfish.

Today, I am a few weeks from getting married, and I am so excited about it. Not that I forgot about my trauma(s), but actually I'm feeling stronger because of it. I'm loved and surrounded by positivity, and that's how I keep going. That's how I survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment