Saturday 28 May 2022

Between Alex and Billy

Alex pull his chair and sit uncomfortably, regardless how many times he switched position.
"My wife is a disaster. Before we got married, she was so independent, brilliant and charming. After the first child, there isn't any day she isn't complaining about... anything. Literally anything. The way I drink my coffee, the way I tie my shoes, the way I shut the front door, all day long until I get home, she still yaps about how smelly my shirt is. I am so exhausted listening to her so-called-concerns!"

That only happens in his head.
Billy didn't hear it.
Instead, Billy offers him a cigarette an ask if his work is okay,

Yes, boys don't talk about wives. Not a good one, not a bad one.
"My boss gave me a crazy shit assignment today, he wants me to give training to all employees in all regions, in only one week! Crazy isn't it!" Alex starts the conversation by answering Billy's question about work and everything at the office.
"That's insane man! Don't you have team to split that with?" Billy is trying to sympathise.
"Yeah, one person! My assistant! Thinking of getting an agent or third party to do that training. Have you got any contact? I'd appreciate the cheap one please, the budget isn't that big, to be honest!"
"Oh yeah sure, my colleague always calls this consultant to do any trainings. They're absolutely worth it! They have wide range of training selections for all levels. I'll send you some!" Billy reached out 
"Oh, cheers mate!"

Then they continue talking about each other's Aquascape and animals at zoo they saw with their kids.

***

Yeah, boys don't talk about family or wife issue that much. They'd prefer talking about something discussable rather than comparable to their peers. They don't discuss insecurities and self-esteem that much. That's why brotherhood is much more solid than sisterhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment