Saturday 5 March 2011

making your mind (part 1)

i put my earphone on and start walking along this subway. this is my third year in this weird country. everyone wear different socks colour in each of their feet. i feel strange the most by the way they greet each other; punching the forehead. i am so glad i don't have to greet anyone because people will not greet someone who's wearing headset or earphones. in my intention, i meant to escape from all these crazy noise around the subway every morning. it is like an unclear set of speaker built on each wall, left and right side, make a super crazy noise that makes me wanna puke.



my first destination is to go to the city library where i can continue writing my novel and glaring at the nice librarian girl who sat across my seat near the bibles corner. her name is Susie, she's so thin and sweet, she always read Agatha Christie book and i have no idea that such nice girl like her would love to follow a serial killer. anyway, i like her, yet i have not talked to her since our first time, like a month ago. it is not i don't have the gut, i just don't feel like disturbing her with her leisure just by asking her name or even to ask her out.


i believe she realises my presence, but she does not bother to grab more attention of me for more. i don't care, i started to slip her name in my novel, and make up some story about her. i also assume her character and match her with someone in my story. i don't care if someday she'll know that i admire her. i don't mind if she would ever read my novel someday or not.


today, i am planning to talk to her, because my novel is getting so pitiful by my assumption of her. i need to clarify that she really likes cookie monster and she was a former cheerleader in her highschool. okay, i am just curious, i need to talk to her. that's it.




"excuse me, mind if i sit here? i have something i need to ask"
"please"
"my name is Gray, i am writing a story and i guess i need some feedback"
she stares at me in a bizarre way, so i continue to kill my clumsy face
"i think it would be helpful if you could read my first chapter and give some comments about it.."
she does not even blink listening to my statement
"if you don't mind of course"
i ended up with all nothingness of a man talking to a sweet girl surrender.
"no problem" she puts out her book and started to grab my first chapter that i already prepared for her last night.
"may i know your name? so i could list you in my first reader" i clarify my backgroud of asking her name.
"Susie"
"i'll be back when you're done reading, or anytime you're ready to give me back my writing"
she nodded and started opening the first page of my first chapter.
"see you then.."
 





i took of from the seat and went back to mine. a bit frustrated because i never thought this would be that awkward. just like other residence, she should be very nice and sweet as she looked like, but no, i was totally wrong. her name is Susie, she's cute and cold.





***to be continued***

No comments:

Post a Comment