Wednesday 12 October 2011

cloudy morning report

this report was made by a reckless master student. stuck in the cloudy wednesday morning with tons of works to do but no idea at all. this was supposed to be a fiction writing, so let's make it.

it happened yesterday. i was crossing the street down to my residences, just bought a box of eggs and a pack of cigarettes. i was dying of being alone in that big mansion. my parents left me, going out of town for a business trip. my girlfriend left me, going for a school project. i am the only son of the family. it was actually a shame since i've just visited my parents for like once a month, and this time they left. i was alone.

i pushed my front door half mad and dropped my eggs. thank god they were fine. i would do nothing with the eggs anyway, was just thinking to scramble them and mix them with sausage and make a sandwich. waiting for the toaster, i called my girlfriend.

"hi babe, how's it??"
"this is horrible, lots of uncooperative people!! i wanna go home, like now, baby!!"
"whoa,, what happened?"
"i was..." i heard her started crying "doing the writing for the speech, suddenly the secretary passed by and spilled her coffee in my notebook. it crashed and i cannot type anymore. then i tried to write down, and suddenly the kid of a lecturer ran by me and stepped on my fingers as i was writing in the grass. i hate it, i hate being here!"
"darling, i am so so sorry to know that. what can i do to ease you?"
"i don't know. i wanna go home, J" 

i talked to her like twenty minutes, comfort her and reassure her everything is gonna be okay. i promised to pick her up this weekend and somehow it healed. the talking healed. i mean, i wasn't the only person with the worst pain in this world. it looked like everyone really has a problem in their life, and i too. then i know by helping people in misery -although it's just in form of listening- is really helpful to ourselves.

i finished eating my failed sandwich, and again, feeling lonely alone in that big mansion. such a horrible cloudy and gloomy morning, still.

No comments:

Post a Comment