Tuesday 7 May 2013

Every evening. Every you. (part two)

8 February 2013.

It was a fair afternoon and Lila stopped by in a coffee shop for a sip.

"Lila?" Tom's voice shocked her for a bit during the wait in the counter
"Oh, hi! You! Are you stalking me?" Lila still remembered the last persistent effort of Tom trying to go out with her
"What?", Tom almost chocked, "this is my favourite coffee shop, I am a regular"
"Grande Americano, Tom!" a barista voice distracted their conversation
"Are you stalking me?" Tom smiled knowingly seeing Lila's blushing cheeks.
"Oh, no. haha. I'm just..waiting for my brother grabbed some books there" Lila rolled her eyes to the bookstore where they first met. Rightaway she saw her brother came out of the bookstore carrying two big bags towards the coffee shop, "and here he is."
"Hi! It was a massive line that I almost fainted." Toby sighed and sat on the comfortable chair near the window. He smiled at Tom, raising his hand and spontaneously greeted "Hi, I'm Toby"
"Tom. Nice to meet you." Tom grinned without caring Lila's suspicious eyes to both of them.
"Shall we leave now, Tob?" Lila looked inconveniently seeing how her baby brother was too nice to a stranger like Tom
"Oh, really? At least let me stretch out my legs first, please?" He grabbed his sister's iced coffee and sip it enthusiastically and stare at the clumsy Lila who finally sat down across him. Followed by Tom, "May I join you guys?"
"No" "Sure" Lila and Toby answered quickly at the same time, "Lila, why are you so rude?"
"We need to leave, soon, brother!" Lila sent Toby a meaningful stare and Toby understood.
"Okay, let's leave now" Toby shrugged of his shoulders and lifted the big bags filled with books again.
"You sure you don't need a hand there, boy?" Tom was still getting both Lila and Toby's attention, putting down his Americano and stood up light-handedly
"We're okay, Tom. Thanks!" Lila grabbed one less bigger bag from Toby, "our car will be here soon. Oh, there it is!" She rushed Toby too to get out of the coffee shop and smiled to Tom.
Tom helped out holding the doors for them and he let Lila go again, that afternoon.