Wednesday 19 May 2010

lame

so lame of calling a good friend in the middle of the night, just saw her window which laid next to my window. She cried, as I guess.
Listened to her story all night long, a bath after she fell asleep in my room's couch, I got a presentation at 8 and it was like 7 or late. I rushed and kissed her on the head, she fell deeper with the swollen eyes.


I thought of her problem since last night, right, it was another debt to be paid by the end of this month. She didn't show any intention of any loan from me, and I was so into helping her, not that I had the money, I just need more money for myself and my companies, Joanna and Dan.


I thought she's probably aware of how I act lately to her problems, a bit silent and so silent like really silent. I rang her to make sure she's awake yet or not. No one picked it up. She might still asleep. Nevermind.


I focused along the road to the office, wondering what my boss would say about my presentation materials which I have prepared since weeks ago. So prepared that I am quite sure about quitting this job with my chin up. I moved to my next seat cause that bus was like soo crowded and noisy.


After the brake, I straightly smiled to the receptionist in my office and pressed the elevator's button so hard. I rarely counted the time I press it and by the time I got so sweating, the doors opened.

I went to the meeting room and got all attention of that eyes on me. They shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and I was really really shocked. Was it really really my birthday? Why did Amy forget it last night? Why did she become so seriously careless about saying happy birthday while I hug her in her tears of her financial nothingness?
Was it really my birthday, the day that I was given birth and given Amy as my lovely girl next door who was willing to hold all my burdens and kiss me when I'm weak?
Was it really my birthday like my birthday?


"Louisa, it is our pleasure to give you the first chance to present the project."
"My pleasure to show you all off what I got here in my baby P and I will pay back this sweet parlour cake from you all, nice colleagues of mine!!!" I clapped my Apple bag and threw out what's in it. I presented the whole concept of my project and when I came to my very last line, "I surely stress that this project may bring the greater investment form more comers, foreign and local, short and long termed contract, direct and indirect government approach, specified and focused support from all sides and parties. Herewith, I call this project "RUNWALK", ladies and gentlemen" my phone beeps.


Some of my colleagues applaud me and I picked up Amy's call.
"Louisa, how on earth could you left me with no food in your fridge?"
"Amy, I've got baked cake in the oven, try it honey.."
"What kinda girl are you?? left a cake in the oven, Louisa, you should get your ass in Sandro's in a minute cause I'm making my way to have OUR lunch there, got it?"
"I still got a few more presentations to attend and you could possibly patiently waiting for me there, I'll be there in an hour, righty right, my sweet Amy?"
"YOU SUCK" she hung up.


I stepped back to the room and my friend has already started her presentation, took Andy 20 minutes and people back in applauding him, me too. I dropped out from the office at lunch hour and went straight to Sandro's. A few blocks away from my office and it made me forget how upset I was about Amy's missed-birthday-greeting.


I saw Amy and Dan there, kissing. I cheered and hugged them.
"Big brother in town, show me what you got?"
"Dan and Amy are engaged!!!" Dan shouted and I shouted as well.
See, they threw me that surprise, great birthday surprise. Ah, was it really my birthday?
"You're brother is a total crap and he got me this.. Louisa.." Amy showed off her engagement ring and I smiled, slightly.
"Cool, where is Joanna?"
She's my step mom, almost like my sister. We grew up together in college, and she was like my professor's assistant, my father's assistant. My mother in step way just now.
"Joanna got a visit to Turkey until next week and we called her this morning, don't worry baby" Dan got me a seat and we started ordering food.


Between the wine and salmon, they talked about all plans they have made. I gave them some advises and comments. At the end of the lunch, I got my eyes stucked in the group of acapella people on the corner of the restaurant. They looked so fresh and gorgeous.


"This one song, goes to a sister, a bestfriend, a teacher and a career lady, Happy Birthday Louisa!!" the lead singer cheered and the crowds threw me an applause, some even stood up for me. Dan smiled and gave me a bouquet of lilies. Amy hugged me and apologise for the late greeting. I smiled ahead, got my chin up, got my perfect life in my 37.


Single and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment