Monday 6 December 2010

between the knees

This is the second big dinner me and John have since two weeks ago. Our family are about to invent something big and popular to the human being. You know, when professors meet in one huge dining table and you are just a really cynical economist, then you will feel what I and John feel. Our knees meet down the table and here they go.


Mine: I think uncle Brad was really upset about Jessica’s failure on her math competition last week. He has a really beautiful and awful daughter, but I like Jessica very much. She’s patient and so talented.

John’s: Jessica who? The blonde girl who loves to wear scarf even to her bed? I hate her. She’s so noisy and too much asking about many things.

Mine: as knees, we are supposed to support our master to be able to walk and stand as high as he could. You are not allowed to be so cynical like that.

John’s: your master is even more cynical than mine. Your master has the worst temper amongst these knees here.

Mine: No! what do you know about my master? Just because she’s not a scientist, doesn’t mean she has no brain!

John’s: ah, see? You’re just as mad as her now. Do you know that my master and yours are not really relatives? They could've been fallen in love, you know? That is very sweet.

Mine: what makes you think my master would fall in love with yours?

John’s: I don’t know. Maybe because my master could make her feel so. Or worse, maybe my master could really start to fall in love with yours first.

Mine: stop it, knees! You’re out of your mind. I’m shaking listening to your arguments

John’s: I can see you shaking, do you feel me interested in you? We can be on the same bed someday. Maybe facing each other like this… but different situation. The moment where our masters don’t bend us, instead of so, they are working on us and have their good and relaxing time?

Mine: you’re irritating. I am disgusted with your trash talking. I know exactly scientist like your master would never date a non-scientist. So stop dreaming!

John’s: do you know that my master has the different thought of a non-scientist, especially like your master? I once companied him to the lab and write several reports about his boredom living in the scientific world and he was longing for a touch from a non-scientist. Really, my master would deadly have the possibility to date yours. And don’t tell me that your master doesn’t like him.

Mine: well, yes, my master once stated when she was taking a bath, that your master is geeky cool and romantic. Unlike his father and her father, she thinks that your master was not supposed to be a scientist.

John’s: he was! He’s smart and compassionate in science.

Mine: I don’t care! I don’t give any damn about your master! All I know that he doesn’t seemed like to date an economist like my master. But yes, my master could possibly fall in love with yours, but I doubt it. Sorry.

John’s: I think you’re interesting, soft and treated so well. When you get mad, I just love to tease you more, knees.

Mine: you are just like your master, too much, freaky romantic ideas and lead to nothing but a stupid blushing feeling.

John’s: seriously, you’re gorgeous. I am so serious.

Mine: when this dinner finished, see me at the garden.



I stood up by the time my mom put off her napkins and my dad started his scientific hypotheses and how he thought I would never be happy unless I had the gut to marry a scientist like him. I moved to the upper terrace and I knew John’s following me. He took a site next to me and we were glancing at the same point in that night sky. Stars. The only compounds that don’t judge us as two different species with different way of life. The most objective objects at night that be the witness of our another knees’ conversation:



Johns’: I hate when I can’t look at you, like this. I hate terrace, I want to see you!

Mine: shhooott! Shut up, I would like to analyse what would possibly happen to our masters when we are not facing each other.

John’s: I bet you two times of tuna dinner if they don’t kiss tonight

Mine: oh, shut up! We will meet there with or without any bet, ridiculous!

John’s: they’re gonna end up hook up at least for tonight.

I suddenly left. John’s still there and it took me two steps back until he grabbed my arm and put me back by his side. He's not letting me go, he even hold me tighter. I never know John could act like that, we were so cold on the table. I guess the only things that got us close are our knees. They meet more often than myself and John. Now, here I am in his arms, talking nothing and staring blankly at the night sky, and I feel the warmest words made by John as I was trying to leave again for the second time. 

John’s: where the hell does she think she’s gonna leave? My master’s not going to let her go.

Mine: look, we don’t understand what they are talking about, we don’t assume things like you just said and I don’t want to have any bet with stupid knees like you. Not even with your master’s smart brain.

John’s: oh, you’re coming closer!

Mine: No, you’re the one who’s coming to me!

John’s: wow, I guess they are now kissing. I never saw you this close before.

Mine: I wish I could look up and what on earth they are doing with now!!!

John’s: trust me, they are kissing.

No comments:

Post a Comment