Monday 1 August 2011

me and you, and everyone we know

"BLITZ!!!"
the sound of camera flash were blinding my eyes. As I walked through the red carpet, suddenly a voice called me "Patricia, Patricia!! it's Christo, your table-mate in high-school!" I stopped and reassure that voice is really Christo. "Damn you, pencil boy! where have you been?" I saw him smiling heedlessly beyond big cameras and other journalists around him, "give me your card, I'll call you, Christ" he handed me his card and I slipped away into the award venue.



"Christo Julien" I heard him answering my call to his cell. I invited him to a lunch in the Scenario and prohibit him bringing his recorder and camera. I am so grateful to see him finally.
"So, how's journalism feed your weed habit?" I ordered salmon steak for lunch
"I see everything as bright as I have imagined. I've been trying to call out your name in every event. And surely journalism don't bring me trophy as yours" he mocked me, as always.
"I want you to listen to me, and as my friend, keep this one as our secret. will you?"
"go ahead, you know me"
"I fucked with the director, but I didn't get the role. I was so burnt" I whispered a bit
"Whoa!! you sure don't want me to write this?" he put down his steak knife right after I told him so
"Keep your voice down! Do you happen to know that our lunch has already been reported to online news, by now?" I realised paparazzi were taking our pictures from the second floor of the restaurant
"Pat, you never fucked anyone before to get a role?"
"For Christ's sake! is that really a question? the only person I've been fucked with since high school was you" I frowned and glared at him.
"Pat, don't pull out that thing again, I know you. You just haven't changed, yet" he sipped his wine, and we continued talking about the other things.



"Pat, you really have to consult with me first before seeing anyone..." Helga woke me up with a magazine smash on my head "....or any journalists!!"
"this must be Christo, huh?" I swept the make up leftover in my eyes, "how much drink we had last night?"
"and you were drunk with him??" Helga enlarged her eyes and looked deeper to me.
"us, me and you, Hel, for God's sake. What's gotten in you?" I got up and drink myself a huge glass of water.
"it was YOU who drank a lot! and now, look at what this stupid journalists has written about you!" She re-threw the magazine and I refused to even look at it.
"Fine, Princess" she started to read out the story, "Patricia Bangalores, 26, admitted she is a virgin. An award winning actress, Pat, recalled herself never gone to any wild party and ended up even hooking up with anyone....................." I laughed as she continue reading.







"asshole!" I laughed as I hear Christo picked up the phone. I always love how he makes money out from someone's life. Now, my personal life. We talked a lot that night, ended up hooking up in my secret villa near the beach. I really had no idea what he might write the next day to confirm paparazzi's flash tonight. I think I'll just wait and see what will happen the next day after that jug of coffee.




No comments:

Post a Comment