Monday 6 February 2012

the last one, i forgot about

"Janice, you're here. I thought you were in Paris" Dow was shocked seeing a huge tote bag carried out by a woman he knew.
"Oh hi, you seemed to always think the wrong thing about me"Janice combed her pony and sacked up her bag
"no, you told me last week that you were going to Paris for the conference" Dow shrugged his shoulders unbelievably
"gosh, Dow, you don't even want to admit that you're wrong"
"hi guys, you know each other?" Julia came up suddenly from nowhere and surprised Dow.
"well. yeah, Janice's my friend"
"he's my ex boyfriend" Janice answered Julia exactly the same time Dow was speaking
"sorry? again, one of you answer it so I don't get confused" Julia slightly frowned looking at both Dow and Janice's eyes
"umh, well, we used to date....three years ago? wasn't it, Janice?"
it was a while when Janice smile cruelly to Dow and fixed her scarf. She maintained to stay calm and acted like Dow was giving her no signal at all to say a good thing to her best friend, and Dow's fiancee.
"three years? I believe it was a long time ago, Dow... really couldn't remember"
that somehow made Julia even freaked out "you couldn't remember to tell me, baby? We've been together for a year"
"well, I just talked what I need to spill out, the significant and relevant ones, dear" Dow tried to act as warm as he could be. He knew telling truth is not solving any distrust he just made Julia be.
"that's a really thoughtful Dow. You're a lucky princess to have him, and you are of course invaluable love for him, Jule" Janice grabbed Julia's arm and dragged her to the pool.





"thank you for making it tonight, I couldn't believe you were really cancelling your conference in Paris" Julia handed Janice a wine glass
"Jule, come on! a best friend's engagement night? I must be crazily selfish to miss this moment of your life"
"so, tell me again about Dow, you dated him? was he the very last guy you have dated?" Julia tried to get back to her recent confusion
"oh, well, officially yes, but foolishly no. You know I've been around with many guys out there. Dow wasn't really the remarkable one, don't worry about us. It's been ages, Jule.. and he is your fiancee now! yeay!" Janice really was yelling happily and Julian couldn't help but to smile realising it too.



"hey, thanks for that!" Dow opened the house door for Janice
"what?"
"telling Ju...my fiancee that we're over" Dow smiled a bit noticing that Janice has been very nice these few hours
"oh. Dow, don't mention it. she's my best friend, and we really are over. don't worry" Janice waved her left hand to the air and stepped out the house immediately as her driver approached her.
"I'll see you in Paris next week!" Dow almost shouted once Janice stepped her foot to the back seat of her luxurious car........from Dow.

No comments:

Post a Comment